Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Spry-day


Happy Friday.  Friday afternoons in the fall always seem to be particularly frisky.  They have that edgy bombilation that just builds up until the early evening when everything becomes revelous.  The best part to me though, is Friday morning where your energy is still in the orbit of predictable productivity but maybe just with an extra boost of whimsy and wit.  So with that in mind, I thought I'd share a little something that I have been working on for a little someone else.
I am a preservationist by nature.  All things canned, dried, fermented, stored, pickled and cured capture my intrigue and hold it hostage until I have figured out how the process works and ultimately how it tastes in the end.  So, our house always has something funky hiding in the cupboards or shelves, most of the time bubbling with life and giving your nose something to work with.  Being Fall where it is now comfortable to actually use the oven, our newest endeavor has been to make a whole lot of beef jerky.  But these days, when ever I see any type of material (edible or not) my mind immediately jumps to "How can I print with this?" and off on a tangent, or tangerine, I go.
While this has clearly made it's rounds on the internet, www.meatcards.com, I'd love to bring it around again.  Particularly since it is a frisky Friday and communication is what we do best here.  What better way to tell a little special someone that nothing they can do will diminish the euphoria you find in your little everyday routines and snippets of life?  And give them a serving of protein while you are at it?

This weeks project:  BITE ME cards letterpressed on handmade jerky.  Yum and Fun!  Have a great weekend and if you have any kosher sayings that you'd like to see printed on a dried slab of beef, drop me a line!

No comments:

Post a Comment